The YWCA SA have been instrumental in the following processes in contribution to hosting the 29th World Council Meeting in November 2019.
- Logo design: The ‘Calabash’ logo for the 29th World Council Meeting 2019 is operational on sponsorship and marketing items.
- Local Planning and Governance: A Steering Committee was established with an appointed coordinator in order to provide status reports on relevant economic, political & social developments in SA
- Operations and logistics: To assist with Visa Applications and an official letter from YWCA-SA
- Opening Worship: The YWCA was instrumental in compiling the Programme and participants
- Opening and Closing Ceremonies: We contributed in the selection of the MC’s and Speakers for both ceremonies; theme ideas, entertainment and work with the appointed Professional Conference Organisers on Logistics, the Programme and theWelcome
- Market area: the YWCA SA have assisted in the identification of vendors and members participating in the market place
- Sponsorship mobilization: YWCA-SA to raise funds for own admin costs, opening and closing ceremonies, volunteers, souvenirs and gifts
- Media & Communications: YWCA-SA to develop strategy plan for local, regional and national media coverage