The YWCA is a Women’s Christian, ecumenical, youth and world affiliated movement which exists in over 100 countries reaching more than 27 million women and girls. It is committed to increase the resources and opportunities to develop the leadership of women and girls. It serves the community without distinction of race, gender, colour and nationality.
To create a fully inclusive world where justice, peace, health, human dignity, freedom and care for environment are promoted and sustained by women’s leadership.
- Our mission is to empower young women and girls in economic and leadership skills so as to promote independence and self-reliance.
- To promote the safety and well-being of women and girls.
- To improve the social and health conditions of communities.
- Participate in effective advocacy work in order to achieve Human Rights for all, according to the constitution of the country.
GUIDING VALUES AND PRINCIPLES
- Placing women, young women and girls’ empowerment as central to the work of YWCA.
- Recognize the equal value of human beings.
- Presenting the YWCA Christian foundation and being inclusive of women of all faiths and backgrounds.
- Respect diversity and practising tolerance and mutual respect.
- Uphold the human rights principles
- Practise intergenerational, transformative and shared leadership.
- Promote volunteerism and effective mutually respective partnerships.
- Value the history and on-going work of the YWCA movement in the region.
STRATEGIC PRIORITIES FOR THE NEXT 4 YEARS
- Strengthening young women and girls’ transformative leadership
- Realising Human Rights
- Sustaining the YWCA movement